Faculty positions at School of Advanced Materials
School of Advanced Materials
The School of Advanced Materials (SAM) is committed to the research of the advanced materials genome technology and clean energy systems. The key areas include clean energy collection (thermoelectric and solar cells), energy storage (power batteries), application (new energy vehicles, new organic photoelectric displays and lighting) and the calculation, synthesis and detection of high flux materials etc. to develop the key research of advanced materials genome technology, and further to provide the technical support for the development of new energy materials industry.
SAM considers industrialization as a development goal to carry on the collaborative innovation in the interdisciplinary research. On Oct. 2015, the National Center of Electric Vehicle Power Battery and Materials for International Research was founded at SAM by the Ministry of Science and Technology of China. In 2016, we won the first batch of the key project grant for the national Materials Genome Initiative (MGI) program of China: The MGI technique and its application in the research of solid-state batteries. We are also responsible for the national key innovation engineering project of new energy vehicle (power battery), and being especially supported by the innovative entrepreneurial team in Guangdong province. We have been awarded with the titles, the key laboratory of Shenzhen and the engineering laboratory of Shenzhen, and have obtained special national and local support for the foundation and application of our research.
Tenure-track Associate Professor
The school seeks to appoint an associate professor to be responsible for the development and planning of the research direction for computational materials and Materials Genome Initiative (MGI) program, and assist the academic leaders to formulate overall development of our department, the related subject and laboratory. The applicants will be responsible for 1) completing the required teaching task of the graduate courses; 2) assisting the completion of the planning, organization and design of the curriculum and teaching materials; 3) improving the quality of teaching and engineering projects; 4) Supervise graduate students to carry out theory studies in the field of energy materials, and developments of advanced material genome high-throughput computing methods and materials database mining technology; 5)applying for the major key scientific research projects and preparing high impact academic monographs and papers.
1. Applicants should have a Ph. D degree (physics, chemistry, and materials) from domestic or foreign top universities, under the age of 35.
2. Applicants should have outstanding experience and research ability in material calculations (development and application of first principles method) and high-throughput calculations.
3. Applicants must have excellent research ability, postdoctoral experience, and internationally recognized academic achievements.
4. Applicants should publish academic research or review papers with original great innovation in top journals as first-author or correspondence author (including co-first or correspondence authors). The publications of the applicants should have high citations.
5. Domestic applicants should have the title of associate professor in universities or academic institutes and lead a research direction and guide graduate students to do research for more than 4 years. Foreign applicants should be assistant professor in well-known universities. Applicants should have the ability to independently engage in scientific research and teaching work, and be able to supervise master and doctoral students engaged in scientific research.
6. Work proactive, good at communication, hard working, closely cooperating with clean energy center, able to lead the team to actively cooperate, and collaborative innovation.
Salary and Welfare
A competitive salary package can be negotiated for the right candidate.
Interested applicants should submit the following materials to email@example.com
1. Summary of research;
2. Curriculum Vitae (with a complete list of publications);
3. At least three reference letters and contact information of the referees;
4. Statement of research plan;
5. Materials to prove the teaching ability (or the teaching ability will be assessed through academic report after CV screening).
To learn more about the School of Advanced Materials, visit the official website: http://sam.pkusz.edu.cn/